Cornell University's football stadium
Over the weekend I went to Ithaca to visit my boyfriend, Max, who attends Cornell University. Ithaca is small city located about 250 miles northwest of New York City. There are only two means of transportation; plane or bus. I decided to use the bus, but will most likely choose to fly next time. The drive to Ithaca took approximately 4 and a half hours, but seemed briskly in view of the breathtaking scenery. Max and I spent Saturday morning and afternoon walking around campus. The university sits on a hilltop overlooking the rest of the city’s immense surroundings. Two sides of the campus are brought together by gorges. Yes, some theories reveal because of the pressure and “demands” of the school, Cornell University has one of the highest student suicide rates. It’s difficult not to notice all the black tall fences placed on the campus bridges over these gorges. Each school of study at the university has their own building and quad. No student should ever be in doubt when it comes to finding a book or a quite place to study with the school's 21 libraries. Because Max is a member of the football team I was able to see the stadium, and walk out onto the field. Overall, my visit to Ithaca this weekend gave me a good sense of what a college campus is along with little taste of the traditional college experience. I was however happy to return to NYC on Sunday night because I rather have my college experience here. It’s comforting to know whenever I do want a weekend of the traditional college experience I have Max just a couple hours away.
R. Alex Stanford

No comments:
Post a Comment